In the past asbestos removed from buildings was poorly disposed of through burial. This contaminated the land where it was buried. Safeway has vast experience of removing this asbestos contamination from soil (soil remediation). Specialists in the handpicking, separation and disposal of bonded and non-bonded asbestos containing materials, excavation and disposal of asbestos containing soils, hydrocarbons and inert soils.
What we do.
● Free site visit, works assessment and initial quote.
● Insurance and budgeting advice.
● Works and Safety Planning.
● Liaise with EPA, HSA, Councils and all relevant stakeholders.
● Assume role of PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction Stage) for the duration of the remediation.
● Liaising with project designers, engineers and contractors (if required).
● Minimise disruption to business and works.
● Safe and timely removal and disposal of all hazardous materials.
Some of our previous Soil Remediation clients include:
● Clare County Councils
● Health Services Executive (HSE)
● Galway Hospital
● Blessington Landfill
● BAM Construction
The removal of asbestos containing products and soils is a high-profile problem, which needs to be performed by specialists such as Safeway Environmental, without risk or hazard to operatives, staff, building occupants and the general public. Safeway Environmental fully complies with the Health and Safety Authority’s general industry asbestos standard and the construction industry standard (see hsa.ie) and is a member of ARCA (Asbestos Removal Contractors Association).